A brief history
Before 1958, the parish was served from St. Peter’s, Kirkcaldy, After 1958, a priest was resident in Glenrothes, who would lead the services in hired halls. By February 1959 the Diocesan Council resolved to build a Church and hall. An appeal for funds was launched in November of that year. Two years later, on the 6 July 1961, the foundation stone was laid by the Most Reverend Doctor Thomas Hannay, Primus, Bishop of Argyll and the Isles. The following year, on the 13 October 1962, the Right Reverend John William Alexander Howe, Bishop of St. Andrews, Dunked and Dunblane led the Service of Dedication. Holy Communion was held in the church the following day at 10.00 am.
Since that time, the parish has moved buildings, swapping with the Baptist Community, moving to the present building in 1979 where the parish continues today.
In the year 2020
In February 2020, St. Luke’s packed away sixty years of worship in boxes.
The builders moved in, triggering the start of an ambitious £425,000 refurbishment and redevelopment of the existing St Lukes building.
As well as receiving £50,000 from Fife Environmental Trust, the church secured £375,235 of Lottery funding in 2019, to run a three year long activity known as Peace ‘n’ Jam.