Location: St Luke’s Scottish Episcopal Church, Auchmuty, Glenrothes.
Peace ‘n’ Jam began life serving hot dogs to the local community in Auchmuty, Glenrothes, in July 2021. We became involved in the social isolation issue after COVID 19 and quickly recognised the benefits of ‘social eating’.
When we began to offer ‘Bite & a Blether,’ a time and space for the community to sit down for a meal with others, this was the beginnings of an unexpected and evolving food activity. After a few months we started to offer a community pantry and we also focussed on reducing food waste, a winning combination.
Join us and you’ll become part of a team, that works together to bring our community together around food.
As a Team Member, you’ll make it happen, whether you’re out in the gathering hall looking after our community members’ needs, preparing food, setting up our spaces or stocking our pantry. You will also be responsible for good housekeeping and general cleaning duties.
This post comes with opportunities to work up to 15 hours per week; hours/pattern to be discussed (to support community needs); fixed-term post funded December 2023.
Quite simply, you’ll be working in our fast moving, high energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile, enthusiasm, energy, plus an ability to connect with our community and make them feel valued.
This role requires a Basic disclosure
Salary: £10.90 per hour
Hours: Up to 15 hours per week on a flexible basis, on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (to support community needs).
Pension: The employee will be assessed under auto-enrolment pension legislation and if eligible, minimum contributions will be made.
Annual Leave: 25 days, plus public bank holidays pro rata
Contract: Part-Time, fixed-term post funded initially to December 2023.
Funding: The National Lottery Community Fund
- Food preparation and associated cooking tasks (making soup/sandwiches/toasties/hot rolls, cutting vegetables, preparing ingredients, etc.).
- Setting up, stocking and tidying of Community Pantry.
- Serving customers at community kitchen counter and/or community pantry.
- Setting up our spaces – the Gathering Hall, the Haiver & the Sanctuary, for various activities and bookings.
- Setting up tea/coffee station(s) for opening – cleaning, organising, and replenishing stocks.
- Greeting customers, taking orders and delivering food and drinks to tables.
- Assisting with stock control, including stock rotation and ordering.
- Cash/donation handling.
- Maintaining high standards of food hygiene and adhering to Health & Safety acts.
- Work with colleagues to ensure the smooth running of events and initiatives.
- Good housekeeping and general cleaning duties.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
Please email, post or hand in your CV with covering letter telling us why you would like to work with us.
Address: St. Luke’s SEC, Ninian Quadrant, Glenrothes, KY7 4HP
For a full job description, email email@example.com or pop in and see us.